The inbuilt GPS system in our automobiles has made our lives more convenient as we do not have to purchase a navigation device separately and these inbuilt navigation devices help us a lot to find our way out of the blue. But, it is necessary that we get the latest version of GPS devices to access these devices more conveniently and accurately. And if we do not upgrade the maps of the navigation device, we won’t be able to see the maps accurately. So if you are not able to do it manually then in this blog you will find the step by step procedure to update Toyota maps easily.
Requirements for Toyota maps update
- 4 GB map SD card to download the toolbox.
- The toolbox requires a minimum display resolution of 1024X768.
- A good internet connection or Wi-Fi connection.
- Your computer/laptop must have free space up to 10 GB.
- SD card reader.
- The procedure requires 2-3 hours to complete.
For Toyota maps update, follow the procedure
- Firstly go to the official site for Toyota maps update.
- Then select the red box saying “download map update toolbox for windows”.
- Secondly, save the downloaded file on your desktop to access it easily.
- After that, double click on the downloaded file and run the installer program.
- Now you have to create a backup.
- To do so, open the toolbox, then insert the SD card in your computer from your automobile and connect the card with the toolbox.
- After that, the software will automatically prompt you to create a backup.
- Users now are required to sign into the “Map update toolbox”.
- And to login, click on “not logged in” which is available on the top menu.
- Enter the correct credentials and then log in to your id.
- On the left side of the menu, a button named “updates” will be shown if there is an update available.
- Select the button; labeled as “update” and then click on “install”.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and once it is completed, create a new backup.
- To do so, select “backups” from the left side and then click on “create backup”.
- Wait for the backup to get completed and then remove the SD card from your computer and re-insert it in your automobile.
These are the step by step guide if you are wondering how to Toyota maps update and if you follow these simple steps you will be able to update Toyota maps easily.
Read More: How to Navigation Toyota Map Updates